Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources and
the Wyoming Game and Fish Department collect voluntary $1 donations
on recreational licenses and registrations and routinely transfer these
funds to the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security.
Donations are utilized for the following purposes:
- Reimbursement of eligible operational expenses incurred by sheriffs
in the conduct of approved missions annually;
- Training of SAR personnel state-wide;
- Developing and maintaining SAR overhead teams;
- Purchasing and maintaining specialized SAR equipment;
- Fund administration including office supplies, travel/meals/lodging
of members and necessary staff and council meeting expenses; and
- Public awareness campaigns.
How to donate
When purchasing your fishing, hunting, boating or snowmobiling license
from the Wyoming
Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources or the Wyoming
Game and Fish, check the option to donate $1 to the Wyoming Search
The next person saved could be you or
someone you love.